The African Studies Program depends on gifts from our alumni and friends to help us build and enhance our academic program.
If you’d like to help, one good way is to make a donation to the African Studies Program general fund. To make a contribution online, you can go directly to the University of Oregon Foundation’s secure website:
Or if you’d prefer, you can send a check, made payable to the University of Oregon Foundation, to:
African Studies Director, Office of International and Area Studies (OCIAS),
University of Oregon,
Eugene, OR 97403-1233.
If you would like your gift to support a specific activity, please indicate your preference in a note to the African Studies Director. You’ll receive a letter confirming your gift.
A few things that we do with your gifts
Your support helps us to do a wide variety of things both large and small. Here are some examples:
- Undergraduate Scholarships to support study abroad in Africa.
- Graduate Scholarships to support research, travel, and dissertation writing.
- Lectures by notable visiting speakers.
- Symposia and conferences hosted by African Studies.
- Major gifts to create a permanent endowment to support scholarships and research.
If you would like to discuss African Studies long-range plans and ambitions, please contact the Interim Director, Doris Payne, email@example.com.